2021 is over. What did this year bring to our Arts et Metiers community in the US, to our school and la SOCE?
In 2021 the world was still in pandemic mode as COVID-19 continued its worldwide spread. We hope that the new 2022 will be better with more face-to-face social interactions, less stress and more exciting and new projects. Hopefully in 2022 the pandemic will not dominate our lives.
Looking back to 2021, we would like to mention the following events and reads:
- Some of gadz are struggling in the times of COVID-19. Direct Arts et Metiers TV talked about difficulties and opportunities for gadz'arts in 2021:
- AFAM participated in International Week organized by Lille campus
- Angers campus received Innovation prize of CNES for their work on biocomposites
- In March our US-based alumni met our Arts et Metiers students online to talk about Georgia Institute of Technology
- AFAM launched a new interview series "Serving businesses and communities" interviewing gadz'arts based in the US working in service companies
- In April AFAM first spring apero took place
- AFAM lanched a new interview series "Ad Astra: dreams and reality of aerospace engineering" - interviews with US-based gadz'arts working in an aerospace sector
- Gadz story with Hugo Wagner (Bo 211) took place in May 2021
- AFAM participated in la SOCE Spring Open House
- AFAM participated in online Shasta meetings with students
- AFAM Welcome meeting with our parcours US and GTL students took place in June
- NYC-based gadz'arts group gathered after a long break
- Humam, non-profit of Arts et Metiers trainees in Paris came to Tunisia to renovate the school in Jenduba (Tunisia)
- AFAM launched a series of interviews "Giving back to your community" giving the floor to AFAM volunteers, mentors, board members, group representatives and donors
Summer break for everyone!
- Arts et Metiers community in San Francisco bay area gathered together to say good-bye to the summer season
- AFAM participated in Entrepreneurship Week 2021
- Arts et Metiers school launched initiative to prevent sexual violence
- JENII (Jumeau d'enseignement numérique, immersif et interactif), an Arts et Metiers school project, has been selected among 17 candidates of DemoES, French government initiative
- AFAM communty manager visited Arts et Metiers campuses of Paris, Angers and Cluny to meet students and faculty members
- First energy networking for gadz'arts living in the US has been organized
- AMJE Paris received en ENGIE prize for the best project having a positive impact
- 41st edition of Arts et Metiers Forum took place
- AFAM launched Yosemite Mentorship Program
- Two of Arts et Metiers students received a prize at Interverse Virtual Reality Challenge (IVRC) exhibition in Japan for Rebirth-2.0 application made for people who suffered from COVID-19
HAPPY NEW 2022 to everyone!!!